Thursday, December 22, 2011

Time is Flying

Well, I’ve been home from school for almost a week now. It’s been nice to finally be home, but I kinda miss everyone back at school. It’s weird. I really didn’t think that I would be so excited to go back, yet I am. (shhh don’t tell my mom <3). 

I passed all of my classes. I didn’t exactly get the grades that I wanted, but I WILL do better next semester. It will be much easier now that I have my English classes out of the way. Next semester I’ll be taking Anatomy and Physiology, Bio-Organic Chemistry, New Testament messages, Interpersonal Skills for Nurses, and Intro to the Arts (blech).  That’s three easy classes and two hard. Hopefully it won’t be as stressful of a semester as this past one was.

Christmas is coming up and I can’t help but wonder where the year went. It seems like the year just began, I just turned 18, and I was beginning my last semester at Daytona State College. Now, I’ve received my AA from DSC, I’m about to turn 19, and I’m starting my second semester at Bob Jones University. Time is flying by and a part of me just wants to make it stop while another part wants to fast forward to graduation. Soon enough I’ll be getting married, and then later having my own children. I’ll be a midwife with (hopefully) my own birthing center.  While I’m excited for these days to come, I’m also terrified of what the future holds for me. Will I pass the NCLEX? Will I get into grad school? What if I have issues transferring? What if I fail a class and get bumped into the 5 year program? There are so many “what ifs” and "will I be able to do this" that run through my head. I’ve come to the conclusion that I just have to give my worries to God and do my best.  He will do His part, but I have to do mine.



Oh! One more thing. For those of you who either aren’t on facebook or happened to miss it: I’m going to be a big sister again!  My mom is pregnant with baby #9 and is due near the end of June J

No comments:

Post a Comment